A little background on the Whiner's Club...
In the beginning of the year I extended an invitation to many family and friends to join me in the cathartic process of whining. Quite simply - anyone can join the Whiner's Club, however; you do need to be aware that there are some rules in place for this type of activity.
Whining rules are simple:
- Anyone is welcome to whine.
- One is free to whine about anything.
- Fuming, anger, and ranting are not permitted. (Whining is an art.)
- No brainstorming or positive ideas are allowed to be shared.
- Whining is not a solution based activity.
- No personal attacks on individuals please (thought irreverence is smiled upon.)
- Constant whining is a bad habit. Pick the time and place carefully.
- Remember who you whined to, so you do not gain a reputation.
- Enjoy yourself and do not feel guilty.
If you remember these simple rules and follow some of my suggestions
carefully I think you will find that a good whine every now and then makes
one feel better. I cannot be a responsible accepting adult all the time and
neither should you.